Awards - Parliament Hill Success
During their time at Parliament Hill every student takes part in the exciting First Give Programme, designed to build a stronger community and upskill future leaders. First Give offers students the opportunity to research and raise awareness of a social issue of their choice and then present their project to their peers, school and local community. Students compete against each other in Teams to win £1000 for their chosen charity by delivering professional presentations showcasing their creativity, public speaking skills and passion for social justice.
The programme makes a huge impact on our local community, not only through fundraising but also by raising the profiles of smaller and local charities. The most recent winners of the project were interviewed by the Ham & High newspaper who were most impressed with their commitment to social action. They were also so inspiring that First Give have now completed a case study on their project which takes pride of place on their website.
- National Above and Beyond Awards in February 2019. Parliament won in 2 categories, beating off stiff competition from schools across the UK: Inspirational Extra-Curricular Provision and Effective provision in Schools.
- Well-Being and Good Mental Health provision Area of Excellence by Challenge Partners in
- Gold Potential Plus UK Award for ‘Excellent provision for students with high learning potential’ in September 2019.
- PHS was recognised by SSAT under the Framework of Educational Excellence for the exceptional Professional Learning offered to staff, parents and other schools in 2019.
- SSAT Educational Outcomes Award in 2019 for being in the top 10% of non-selective schools nationally for students’ achievement (see coverage in the Camden New Journal and the SSAT)
- Football Fest': Crowned Champions
National Above and Beyond Award winners, February 2019
Gold Potential Plus UK Award for ‘Excellent provision for students with high learning potential’, September 2019